Friday, December 30, 2011

My world according to Pooh

It's almost here, it's almost here!

No, not the stuff I ordered from amazon.com & walmart.com. No, not Ed McMahon with my multi-million dollar check. And no, not the new year. I am patiently awaiting the return of my sanity and I'm pretty sure its arrival is right around the corner.

I've been doing some work on myself and my outlook on current situations is not as bleak as they once were. Simple task, you say. Sure. For some. Yet for the rest of us, it takes a little more effort to get back to that happy place we all have somewhere inside us.

With a little help from surprising places, I suspect I will not feel so crazed and out of sorts, any day now. Winnie the Pooh (one of the surprising places) came around to remind me of how simple life really is. He & I, like many, many others, have been friends since I was but a child. And with the remake of the classic movie released this year, I was able to rekindle our relationship, so-to-speak.

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. 
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
winnie the pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment